IT Specialist / Creative Technologist
We are looking for a hyper-organised Creative Technologist to join our studio based in Borough, London. We believe this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, creative studio where you will have the opportunity to shape your role and the team around you.
The ideal candidate will be good humoured, switched on and able to undertake a variety of office support tasks, with an attitude where nothing is too much trouble. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results. The role requires an independent and thorough work ethic, with the ability to provide clear and concise communication and direction.
We are an award-winning creative Studio and one of the most prolific multidisciplinary design and production practices working in art and entertainment. We create experiences for live music tours, festivals, art installations, experiential spaces, branding campaigns and theatrical productions.
Treatment Studio’s expertise comprises multimedia content production, stage, lighting & set design, and the creation of interactive & mixed-reality environments, allowing for a seamless production and creative experience.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Support the Studio across all projects, which may include roles within IT Infrastructure, R&D, Content Production and Workflow, VR previsualisation, software development, AI, cloud render management and show programming.
- Work closely with creative teams on special projects. These projects are likely to be challenging both technically and creatively and will require lateral thinking alongside strong technical knowledge of IT infrastructure to provide bespoke workflow solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to take initiative and prioritise.
- Management and oversight of IT Manager
- Identify and keep abreast of emerging technologies; identify and communicate best practices to the team, enhancing efficiency, performance and creative responses across all projects.
- Good under pressure and comfortable working in a fast moving, and ambitious creative environment.
- Excel at working with ambitious and creative people; a collaborative team worker who is able to inspire and motivate people to succeed
- Availability to work out of office hours/weekends as projects demand. Ability to travel both within the UK and internationally as projects demand.
- Ability to work from our London Studio 5 days/week.
Key skills required:
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, LucidLink, Synology and Python
- Experience with general IT network design and build
- Understanding of media servers and processes, eg.: Disguise (formerly D3) or Touch Designer and Notch workflows
- Keen interest in music, design, art, entertainment and live performance
- Keen interest in progressive platforms and enhancements in the video content creation and design fields.
An understanding or interest in working in the following programmes:
- 3D (Cinema 4D, Redshift, Octane etc.)
- VFX Supervision
- Projection Design
- Code writing and development
- VR creation and development
- Experience with full Adobe suite
Location: Borough, London
Length of Contract: Full time.
Salary: Subject to previous experience
Start Date: ASAP